I saw that you made a succession box for Michael Gove as Lord Chancellor. You're right that we needed something of the kind. I have taken your hint and made a new navigation box, listing them all from 1905 to date. Navigation boxes are simpler to maintain than succession boxes, and also provide more information. So, thank you for the impulse, I hope you are happy with what I've now done.
Curiously, over at English Wikipedia they haven't remembered yet to insert Michael Gove in their Lord Chancellors navigation box. Maybe we should do it for them :) Andrew Dalby (disputatio) 12:18, 23 Maii 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Andrew - thanks & attended to English Wiki. Like what you've done re template especially latinizing all the names - perhaps for consistency they should all be referred to by their Christian name (given that upto and including The Lord Falconer they were all Peers of the Realm of varying rank)? M Mabelina (disputatio) 00:31, 24 Maii 2015 (UTC)
- It's difficult with lords. The best way will be to find out what recent Latin sources call them. And there aren't many! But, for example, if any of these guys got honorary degrees, there would be a Latin oration about them. That's the kind of thing.
- A list is only a start. When we move on (as Nestlé say about baby food) the task is to have a biography for each lord, and that's when we need to find sources and decide the best form of name. Correct, short, and as close as possible to what people called them in their days of notability. Square that circle!
- Meanwhile, I'm not sure whether I have quite understood the change you're proposing, but if you want to try it and see how it looks, go ahead. Andrew Dalby (disputatio) 11:47, 24 Maii 2015 (UTC)
Hi, Mabelina. About party political stuff. I took out the UKIP manifesto from John Bickley -- it doesn't mention him and was written (I think) for a different election. I took the UKIP logo off Douglas Carswell. We aren't here to promote parties. Andrew Dalby (disputatio) 18:02, 21 Novembris 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks Andrew - totally agree that promoting anything at all is not Wiki's game, just enhancing factual info. Thus I have just added the link to Debretts People of Today for Nigellus Farage in this vein - btw what is the typo in that article trying to say? Best M Mabelina (disputatio) 18:01, 22 Novembris 2015 (UTC)
De iubilaeo Vicipaedianorum
Annum 2016 prosperum et felicem omnibus amicis Vicipaedianis opto! Apud Tabernam consentivimus annum 2016 (quem iubilaeum nostrum Helveticus nuncupavit) praecipue dedicare ad textum paginarum Vicipaedicarum augendum et meliorandum. Huic proposito consentiens (si tu consentis!) sic pro communi inceptu nostro agere potes:
- Quando paginas novas legibiles, fontibus munitas, et non brevissimas creare vis, crea! Ne timeas!
- Quandocumque paginam aut breviorem aut mendosam aut male confectam reperis, cura! corrige! auge!
- Si paginam novam brevissimam creare in mentem habes, recogita ... An potius textum longiorem scribere oportet? An prius aliam paginam, iam exstantem, augere potes?
Quo dicto, Vicipaediani liberi sumus. Paginae etiam breves, quae inter veras "stipulas" admitti possunt (vide formulam "Non stipula"), accepturae sunt sicut iam antea accipi solent. Scribe igitur sine metu, sicut iam scripsisti! [en] Andrew Dalby (disputatio) 18:53, 1 Ianuarii 2016 (UTC)