This page is intended as a glossary for key terms to aid in translating the user interface messages for the MediaWiki software from English to Latin.
Obvious and currently undisputed terms are not included (e. g. user → usor, not
Please add comments, suggestions etc. on the talk page of this page.
- edit [to a page. Note that "edit" describes the process of changing a page, not a state of a page. For the state, see "revision" below.]
- recensio, -onis f. (noun), recenseo, -ere (verb); see talk page
- contribution [of a given user]
- conlatio, -onis f.
- recent changes
- nuper mutata n.pl.; see talk page
- revert = rollback
- revertor, -i; see talk page
- abrogo, -are; see talk page
- article, page
- pagina, -ae f.
- section [of a page, sections are separated by headings and can be edited separately]
sectio, -onis f.pars, -rtis f.; see talk page
- revision (sometimes also called "version") [A revision is a state of a page at a given point in time. Every successful edit results in a new revision.]
emendatio, -onis f.; see talk pageUsor:Laurentianus suasit: redactio, -onis f.
- diff [a comparison between two revisions of the same page. This may be the diff of one edit only or the diff of several consecutive edits.]
dissimilitudo, -inis f. (abbreviatio: diss)Usor:Laurentianus suasit: differentia (abbreviatio: diff)
- talk page
- disputatum vel disputatio, -onis f.; see talk page
- subcategoria, -ae f.; see talk page
Users and AccountsRecensere
- nomen usoris
- Hmm, should this perhaps be nomen usuarius or something, to avoid that awkward genitive? --Iustinus 05:59, 12 Ianuarii 2007 (UTC)
- IP address
- locus IP
- This really should be inscriptio IP if you ask me. --Iustinus 05:59, 12 Ianuarii 2007 (UTC)
- tessera, -ae f.
- account [having a registered username]
- ratio, -onis f.
- create an account [create a new username]
rationem creareUsor:Laurentianus suasit: nomen sibi imponere
- session [begins by logging in, ends when logging out again]
- conventum, -i n.
conventum aperire/conventum concludere; see talk pageUsor:Laurentianus suasit: nomen dare/secedere
- litterae electronicae f.pl., mittere litteras electronicas; see talk page
- e-mail address
- inscriptio electronica